The Fat lady hasn’t sung yet, but she’s warming up!

I’ve been watching some – not a lot – of the World Series. I just can’t get excited about the Phillies and not since Mantle played back in the 60s have I been a pinstripe fan. Wait, they don’t wear those anymore.

Remind me to make a wardrobe comment later.

I watched some of last night’s win by the Yankees and I’ll probably show some of my current baseball ignorance with the following but here goes.

When the commentators started talking about Lidge and how his regular season wasn’t so great and then Johnny Damon came to the plate, I said “this will be trouble.” Good rallies start with singles and what does he do? Through some sloppy coverage and heads-up base running on his part, he’s on third.

Of course he doesn’t hit the go ahead RBI or anything big but I think he should be getting front page credit for the win last night. You can’t ask for much more than a 2-out-single and stealing two bases. But who gets the headlines? A-Rod. Oh well. (UPDATE: NY TIMES did do a late afternoon article on Damon and gave him credit.)

Back to wardrobe. What is it with the Yankees uniforms? Every pitcher’s pants look like PJs. Sabathia may have a million-dollar arm, but he needs some fashion help.

Comments

Popular Posts