OK, God.

Last year a co-worker was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. That’s obviously not good. Treatment ensued and things got worse and then better and then ....

Where I work we have little nameplates outside our offices. When I go by her office and nobody is looking, I put my hands on her name and just pray for a bit.

Well, last night, she passed away.

I have a growing list of people with cancer that I pray for almost every day. Instead of the cancer part, now I need to pray for a family that is one person smaller today.

In the meantime, more things about life (and death) I don’t understand.

UPDATE: The office door has been closed for months. Today it was open. I stood there for a few moments and prayed for the kids & family in the pictures around the desk.

Comments

Popular Posts