Scattershooting


This is what I call my blog in honor of the late sportswriter Blackie Sherrod who was for sports journalism in Texas, what Molly Ivins was for politics.
Today’s blog really is a scatter-shot of odds and ends.
Funny is funny no matter which side it comes from. This from Paul Begala: “Trump is living proof that hairspray causes brain damage.”
My cousin tripped and broke her foot. Through a series of events I’m sure I have mostly wrong and don’t understand, she is without health insurance. So she went to Parkland Hospital in Dallas (in fact exactly 49 years after JFK was taken there) where she waited from 8 a.m. until 11 p.m. to be seen by a doctor or treated. I’m sure there is an obvious answer but please explain to me how this will get better under the ACA?
Finally today I moved our cows for the first time to new pasture. They jumped and ran like a bunch of kids (goats that is!) and then proceeded to walk the fence-line from front to back and side-to-side. Glad they didn’t test my un-electrified electric fence on the east side. I really must replace some broken insulators!

Comments

Popular Posts