the future of news?

Tried to look something up on a local TV station’s website today and found:

Entire top half of the page was commercial except for one video window with three stories.

URL does NOT contain the station’s call letters.

Was looking for staff information and had to drill down to find it and when I got there it was not up to date.

I have a friend and former co-worker who is a consultant mostly trying to help TV stations move (kicking and screaming) into the web world. I may pass his contact information along.

A few months ago I went to another local station’s website to look for a story and was confused by various words that were underlined indicating a link to other content. I recall how disappointed I was when every one of those “links” took me to a sponsored page and not more or related content to the page/story I was reading.

Not exactly sure what I’d call my source for local news but these are not likely to be the places.

Comments

Popular Posts