Sycamore Row

I've been reading John Grisham since The Firm which caused me to back up to his first novel, A Time to Kill, which still ranks as one of my all-time favorite books.


I usually read all his books except for Calico Joe and something else set in Italy.

So I had high hopes for a fun "can't-put-this-one-down" read of Sycamore Row, his latest.


Sorry to say, I didn't have the patience to stick this one out. I read less and less fiction all the time but this promised to have lots of money, greed, family issues, a clever legal case and as usual some sort of racial component. Plus it has been billed as a sequel of sorts to A Time To Kill.

I read about 75 pages and found myself looking for some other book to pick up first before I settled on this. I just wasn't able to care about the characters. Maybe I should try again; not sure but reluctantly I returned it to the library today. I was faced with paying a 25 cents-per-day fine to keep it and it just wasn't worth it.


Comments

Popular Posts