Paradise Valley

Well, I tried.

Just (tried) to listen to John Mayer’s latest, Paradise Valley.

Not sure where he’s going.

It’s a little bit country, a little bit blues and a little bit …? Need a good word here.

OK, maybe too snarky but it just doesn’t seem to fit anywhere. Maybe that’s why I haven’t heard anything on the radio from him lately. But then my diet of “pop” is pretty limited.

I still really like his first two albums but since then have not found a whole lot that keeps me coming back.

I think he messed up getting involved with Jessica Simpson and not sure how many other “girlfriends” he has been involved with. He works with Katy Perry on this one. I don’t read the tabs but maybe she is his latest?

Don’t know if that is a good or bad influence.

I’d rather just have him write more good songs and wail on his guitar a bit.

At times he used to remind me of Sting. At others – Stevie Ray.

I think he has the chops to really do well someday!


P.S. I think he needs to get back with Pino Palladino and Steve Jordan.

Comments

Popular Posts