Feels Like Home

While I was mildly surprised to hear that Sheryl Crow was moving full-time to country, I was looking forward to her first project – Feels Like Home.

I’ve given it two full listens and it’s just not growing on me – oh, maybe a song or two. Her songs are often catchy and sometimes have some good lines (I like this one – Drive it like you stole it!)

I guess I’m underwhelmed.

I liked her as a rocker. Wanted to like her as country since that’s a heavy part of my listening diet.

Maybe it’s her thin voice? I’m not a critic but that’s the best word I can find to describe her singing. Not particularly deep. And when things get stripped down somewhat, more depends on the singing or the lyrics or both and for this project neither of them got me very far.

Maybe it’s just me. Darius Rucker is fine and his songs are cute etc. but not enough oomph for me there either. Maybe rockers should just keep on rockin’!


*** out of 5.

Comments

Popular Posts