registering


Heard an old PSA on the radio today reminding young men to register for Selective Service when they turn 18. I did it many many years ago (somewhere I still have this small card – I never burned mine.) I guess most do it now (register, not burn!) – or do they? Is this something we take for granted ? Everyone is up in arms (sorry bad word to use but …) over asking people to produce some sort of ID to vote? Or to show some ID and submit to certain checks when buying guns or ammo?

I tell my county what cars I own every year and how many cows I own so they can figure out how much tax I need to pay so my itty-bitty rural school can get some funding and my bumpy road can get repaired every so often.

I get that it is complicated. Just seems we have a variety of places where we have to prove who we are, register for things, provide information. There are those who say this is somehow wrong. We need to be consistent one way or the other.

Comments

Popular Posts