Only if you like poetry

If you don't like poetry then just skip this. But if you are willing to take a chance, spend a few moments, please read the short composition below. At the end I will tell you something about it.

"She skipped childhood like a stone

Skimmed the surface straight into adulthood

Never gave thought to her youth, it rippled softly before it disappeared

It was never dolls and make believe

It was babies and a real house to tend

she woke up one day and realized that she hadn’t played outside in years

And that she had nothing to show for her toil

except her children, who barely see her anymore

But she keeps working because she must

She is wise

And wiser still each day

You can see it in her face and in the movements of her hands

Hands not dealt an easy deck

And hands that know the cost

Of skipping rocks"

This is not a vanity thing. The above was written by my daughter. The one who keeps saying she wants to write, wishes she could write etc. Well guess what? I think she can and I'm proud of her. I had to get her permission to re-publish this. I just hope there is more where this came from. Keep it up Bean!

Comments

Popular Posts