Memories

Wednesday night I was cleaning up some songs on iTunes and whenever I’d run across a title I didn’t recognize, I moved those to my iPod just to see what they were; figured I’d listen before deleting or whatever.

There were a couple of George Strait’s. I’m no big fan, he’s old school country, which is fine at times, but I’m not going to purposely listen to a bunch.
On the way to work Thursday and one of them started.

Songs have a way of taking you back to where you were when you first heard them or at least where you have some strong memories associated.

I never knew I had any memories associated with any George Strait song.

It took a moment or two then my eyes got all watery. The song was something my daughter had picked for her first dance with her new husband at her wedding 2 & ½ years ago. A close family friend sang this song while Sarah and Caleb danced.
I remember standing their watching them sway and shuffle back and forth and it was one more time I realized my baby girl wasn’t mine anymore.

Memories are great and powerful. Music and memories are emotionally powerful.

But it’s what we have to hang on to sometimes.

Comments

Popular Posts