My ongoing screenplay saga

When last we visited our intrepid writer, he was outlining and trying other tricks to keep moving forward.

My last gimmick is pretty old fashioned but it has helped a lot.

I took all my scenes (as noted previously, I’ve been writing them independently just to get them down) and put them all in the best order (for now) and then printed them out (cost me $4.85).

Then I found an old three ring binder for them.

I’m reading, re-reading, highlighting, writing myself all sorts of notes but I’m finding this old fashioned low-tech way of looking at the story has really helped.

I’ve found lots of gaps, dialogue and scenes that just don’t work and little by little I’m cleaning it up. I’m nowhere near anything readable yet but this latest method has given me another burst of energy and ideas to keep moving forward.

Aside: thinking a screenplay is like a shark – if it isn’t moving forward, it dies.

While my screenplay has some overtones about death, I’m not ready to kill it just yet.
Stay tuned.

Comments

  1. Hey brother, I've read a few posts about your story - and in so many cases, your experience has been very much like mine when writing. It's fun and refreshing to see someone else committing them self to creative expression - even though it's not easy.

    I blog about writing my story all the time. I just wanted to chime in and let you know I can empathize and appreciate all the hard work you're putting in. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts