My Daughter, the stripper!

Stopped by Panera Bread today and bumped into some folks who used to go to our church - a senior couple (but neither of whom looks very senior!) We chatted, then the gentleman asked about one of my daughters "You know the one who did stripping?" His wife and I looked at each other and then him, like - 'what did he just say?'

I asked him what he meant and with a little prodding he said, "You know she takes stuff off ..." This was only getting worse.

I realized he didn't know the word "waxing." My daughter is an Aesthetician and he didn't know that word either. I explained and reminded him what she does and he understood. I don't think he realized what he had said before.

We said our goodbyes and I left but as soon as I cleared the door, I laughed out loud.

If Art Linkletter were still around, this would have been a great Adults Say the Darndest Things!

Comments

Popular Posts