What's Wal Mart?

I was packing up some old dishes today and decided to use one of our collection of "Wal Mart" bags as padding. How come we don't say plastic bags or grocery bags etc? These have become so ubiquitous.

I imagine a time 50 or 100 years from now when someone finds one of these buried somewhere (like disposable diapers, I'm told these bags take decades to decompose and will likely outlast their namesake store) and reads the large Wal Mart name and asks a friend, "What's Wal Mart?" To which the friend replies, "I don't know, I guess they made plastic bags."

Comments

  1. for some reason this makes me think of a scene in The Road where the man finds an old old can of coke and gives it to the boy, and he has NO idea what to do with it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts