A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

A Million Miles in a Thousand Years

Don't ask me what that means. It's the title of a book I just finished by Donald Miller (Blue Like Jazz) It's a sort of rambling book but there are plenty of nuggets in it to make it a worthwhile read. I think some people dismiss him because he might smack of something akin to the Emerging or Emergent sort of theology but I found it interesting on a couple of fronts.

Since I am in the midst of writing umpteen stories in some stage of incompletion or another along with my long-suffering screenplay idea (up to 30-40 pages, a bunch of scenes but nowhere near solid yet) he offers suggestions on stories, what makes them work etc., helpful for me as a writer.

I really enjoyed chapter 29 and wanted to just scan and include the chapter here but could not easily get permission from the publisher so you are just going to have to do what I did and find it at the library - or Amazon (only $12)

Comments

Popular Posts